The most notable benefit of dental implants is the face they are the a permanent solution to missing teeth. Dental implants are durable and are the closet alternative to real teeth.
When your smile is incomplete, it can take a toll on your confidence and even interfere with basic things like chewing and talking. Exploring the benefits of dental implants and learning more about exactly what they are is important before you decide to get them. Once you know the truth about dental implants, you can compare them to your other options and make an informed decision about which one is the best for you.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants involve titanium screws that are put directly into your jawbone. This allows them to anchor so that they do not move when you are eating or talking. The actual tooth component screws onto the titanium part just above the gumline. You can usually get dental implants if you meet the following qualifications:
- Enough bone to hold the screws or be able to receive bone grafting for this purpose
- Healthy gums
- Good oral hygiene
Are Dental Implants Necessary?
There are various reasons why you might consider dental implants, including:
- Dental fillings cannot repair decay due to intense severity
- You cannot wear dentures anymore
- Your face looks sunken in due to active jawbone deterioration
- You lost a tooth or have dental trauma
- It is too uncomfortable to use a fixed bridge
Advantages of Dental Implants Over Bridges
Several dental crowns make up a bridge and they fill in the gaps where you have missing teeth. Either implants or your natural teeth anchor a bridge. While they have their uses, the benefits of dental implants generally outweigh those of bridges. Compared to bridges, implants are permanent and will not need as much follow up or eventual replacement.
Implants also tend to be more comfortable since they feel and function like your natural teeth. With implants, they also match your teeth better so that you cannot tell the difference between them and your natural teeth like you sometimes can with bridges.
Benefits of Dental Implants Over Dentures
While dentures are the less expensive option, they require a lot more care. You have to remove them daily and soak and clean them. However, with implants, they are just like your natural teeth and you care for them the same way.
Dentures may actually make it harder to speak and eat. However, with implants, they function like your natural teeth so that there is no interference with your ability to talk and eat.
Implants are a permanent structure in your mouth, so there is no need for adhesive. This also prevents them from moving around in your mouth like dentures can.
Benefits of All On 4 Dental Implants
These types of implants come in a set of four, with two on the bottom and two on top. With these implants, all of the implants go onto these four anchors. When you choose this, you can get a full set of implants. The following are the benefits of this implant type:
- Once the healing process is complete, you can eat all types of foods
- The implants do not move around when you talk, and smile like with dentures
- You can replace all of your missing teeth
- This type of implant helps to preserve your jawbone
- These implants have a natural look
- Some people can get their teeth on the same day
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have several benefits to complete and enhance your smile. They also have functional benefits. The following are dental implants advantages:
- It helps to prevent bone loss since lost teeth result in reduced bone mass in your jaw
- The anchoring of implants in your jaw help to restore your bite force
- The different sizes and shapes of implants ensure that they match your natural teeth
- Since implants are artificial, you do not have to worry about cavities
- Your facial structure gets support from your teeth, so replacing lost teeth helps to prevent facial shape changes
- Dentures can affect word pronunciation, but implants do not have this same effect
- You do not have to worry about them slipping around like denture do
- You can for them just like your natural teeth making it easy
- Implants are permanent