- What is Sedation Dentistry?
- Who is a Candidate for Sedation Dentistry?
- How Safe is Sedation Dentistry?
- What are the Benefits of Sedation Dentistry?
- How Does Nitrous Oxide Work in Dentistry?
- How to Get Over My Fear and Anxiety of Going to the Dentist
- How Much Does it Cost for Sedation Dentistry?
- What are the Types of Sedation Dentistry?
- Can You Be Put to Sleep for Dental Implants?
- Other Dental Procedures That Can Leverage Sedation Dentistry
Whether you need to have a cavity filled or require a more extensive root canal procedure, sedation dentistry is a form of dentistry that you’ll likely encounter at some point in your life, which is why it’s important to be aware of all that this dentistry entails and what it means for you. Here at Southland Dental Care in Los Angeles, our dentists use sedation dentistry regularly to make sure that you and all of our other patients are always comfortable.
What is Sedation Dentistry?
Sedation dentistry is a form of dentistry that refers to the administration of various sedative drugs. These drugs are designed to aid the dental procedure by reducing or eliminating the amount of pain that an individual experiences throughout the treatment, which should invariably help to reduce the amount of anxiety that the patient goes through. There are a variety of different types of sedation that can be used during a dental treatment, which extend from laughing gas to general anesthesia that causes a loss of consciousness while the procedure is ongoing.
When you’re thinking about obtaining a dental procedure but are too afraid of the pain incurred by the treatment, sedation dentistry will help put you at ease so that you can go into the procedure with confidence. The administration of anesthesia takes only a minute or so and will prepare you for the treatment that’s about to take place. W