Looking for a dental crown Specialist in Los Angeles? First you need to learn more about a dental crown is! Dental crown is one of the most common dental solutions provided at Southland Dental Care, as they have a wide variety of uses. These crowns are used as a tool to improve your smile, allowing you to be more confident that your teeth appear as they should.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are prosthetic devices that are fixed directly to a tooth or implant. They are cemented to the tooth or implant, so they can’t be removed in the same way that dentures can. If ever necessary, a dentist can remove an existing crown for you. Crowns are typically used as a means of covering a tooth that has become damaged or worn in some way, though they can also be used to cover an implant so that the crown can be used for any functions that a standard tooth would typically be used for.
Types of Dental Crowns
One of the best aspects of a dental crown is that there are many available types for you to select from, such as:
- Porcelain, acrylic, and ceramic crowns – While these three materials differ substantially, they all are made to appear like natural teeth, so these are perfect in any scenario where the crown needs to cover a visible tooth.
- Gold and metal alloys – These types of crowns are typically used for teeth towards the back of your mouth. Although they don’t blend in with the natural appearance of the rest of your teeth, they usually aren’t visible and have the added benefit of being more durable than other options.
Why Is a Dental Crown Necessary?
There are plenty of reasons that you might need to consider making use of a dental crown. If you think that you do, just call us at Southland Dental Care in Las Vegas and we’ll be able to help you make a decision on whether or not these crowns are right for you. Dental crowns have a wide variety of applications and can be recommended by your dentist as a means of:
- Covering a tooth that’s discolored or badly shaped
- Attaching a bridge
- Covering a tooth that’s gone through the root canal treatment
- Covering a dental implant that’s been inserted in the past
- Replacing a large filling in the event that you no longer have enough tooth in that spot
- Restoring a tooth that’s been fractured
- Protecting a tooth that’s weakened but has yet to fracture
How Long Does a Dental Crown Last?
Since dental crowns can consist of a wide range of different materials, they will need to be replaced at different intervals. In the majority of cases, crowns will actually last for a lifetime. However, some materials are more durable than others, which means that there’s a chance that they can loosen or even fall out. If ever this occurs, schedule an appointment with us immediately and we’ll make sure to replace it as soon as possible.
If you want to make sure that your crown lasts as long as possible, it’s important that you practice good oral hygiene. Any toothpaste you use should contain fluoride, which is a teeth-whitening agent. It’s also essential that you brush and floss at least twice daily. As long as you visit us for routine checkups on a regular basis and follow these oral hygiene techniques, there’s a good chance that you’ll be able to avoid having to replace your crown.
Considering Crown? At Southland Dental Care we offer CEREC Dental Crowns in Los Angeles which is a better. Click here to learn more.